Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The "J" Word

Sorry about the cryptic reference to the "j" word in the last post -that has to do with the current over-use of the word "journey"... as in "my spiritual journey". My friend Kathy lives in Mill Valley, California, which in addition to being picturesque and delightful, tucked into the redwood studded foothills of Mt. Tam, is the virtual epicenter of self-absorption in the U.S. Believe me, the irony of someone who's writing a blog complaining about self-absorption is not lost on me... so when I use the word "journey", I mean it in the literal sense of travel, not as in a metaphorical life path...

1 comment:

  1. your mill valley comments reminded me of the sign "take off your shoes and enjoy the carpet" ... lol ... maybe you had to be there.

    ReplyDelete