Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Macho Corridor

Hi, ya'll! We're in New Orleans, ready to set out on a stroll around the Quarter... but I have to tell you about the drive from Tallahassee to Mobile... I call it the Macho Corridor. But before I explain why, check it out - the two items below are actual billboards spotted along the way (I won't editorialize - I'll leave that to you):

It's a small world.
I know - I created it.
-- God

God, Guns and Guts
Made America Great

Whew! And in addition, there are more fireworks available along this route than possibly anywhere in the world - and the available roadside attractions include Don Garlitz Drag Car Museum, The Museum of Naval Aviation, The Museum of Sports Art, and the Armed Forces Museum. A fantasy drive for the macho man... as for my wimpy, girly self, I enjoyed the wildflowers growing along the freeway - yellow, purple, red, and white - absolutely amazing - flowering fruit trees and egrets and herons rising out of the swamp. So there was something for everybody today - including a shrimp Po Boy at a truck stop that was out of this world - then soft shelled crab when we got to N'Orleans... I'm taking a fried food break today. When we get some photos we'll post!

No comments:

Post a Comment